Friday, May 18, 2007

A Million Miles Away

I am stoked to see that the church plant concept is gaining some traction. In my heart I believe that we are making the first steps in what will become a movement. How long it takes to get to the point that we are truly ready to "do something" is another issue entirely. I want to point you guys to a couple of resources that I think are extraordinarily insightful. I have a few ideas that I will post in a little while but, for now I think it would be wise to listen to the words of a battle tested church planter. Mark Driscoll (Pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle and founder of the Acts 29 Network - a church planting organization) blew my doors off when I was listening to him. Check out his stuff:

Qualifications of a Lead Church Planter

Qualifications of an Acts 29 Church Planter


I know in my heart that I am on my way to qualification, however I am not there yet. I will go so far as to say that not many of you are qualified yet either, and I don't say that to be bagging on anyone. At this point my heart tells me that we need to confess our sins to each other, allow ourselves to be humbled, and seek repentance for the issues in our lives that we have not yielded to the Lord. If we think we can truly be used of God without that level of transparency, Satan will tear us to shreds (I have been there ). In this stage of the process I believe we are called to grow up and stand as men of God, I believe there is a call to maturity before there is a call to action.

No comments: