Monday, August 20, 2007

Interesting Developments

To say that the last few months have been interesting is an understatement. A growing family, a career change, and God knows what else lies ahead. I have had a lot rattling around in my mind over the last few months (maybe even longer than that) regarding the idea of planting a church, and I have been content in having it be an item for discussion and prayer for further development far off in an undefined future.

That all changed a couple of weeks ago. On the 6th of August I was laying in bed in the early morning and heard God's call. He reaffirmed the calling He gave me when I was an 18 year old kid. It seems a bit bewildering given the struggles I have gone through in the last decade, but it was as clear as if He were speaking in my ear. I also have sensed clarification on this (which still needs more prayer and confirmation), that the ministry of the Word which God is leading me towards is in the context of church planting. Needless to say, this has been a lot for January and I to process as we contemplate next steps.

We have met with Drew Goodmanson, his wife, and David Fairchild (elder/pastors of Kaleo Church in San Diego, an Acts 29 Church) to discuss some future options (training and development). January and I have much to be praying about regarding this, and I would covet your guys prayers as well. This may very well have some profound implications for TJP in the coming years, but we will have to see where God leads. For now, I would simply ask that you all would be praying for January and I that we would hear God and discern His leading and be obedient to his call.

6 comments:

dparkins said...

amen...without a doubt Kelly and I will be praying for you...looking forward to Thursday night...

anjuli paschall said...

jed and january. i love you both- especially baby Paschall! i am praying for you both and this time of your lives.
love anjuli

J-Rutt said...

you know I'm down brother.

Rubbermagnet said...

as am i

AaronPeet said...

So exciting! We'll definitely be praying for discernment.

Speaking of churches, Amanda and I went to check out Grace Church in RB this last Sunday. It is a church plant of Sovereign Grace Ministries. We're still looking into it, but my first impressions were that I love the core beliefs and the focus of the church and I love the real sense of family we experienced. I think we may start going there.

Sam said...

jed, you know our hearts and prayers are with you and january and baby. We will listen to the Spirit on your behalf, if he has something we will share it.

Aaron,
Anjuli and i checked that church out about 2 years ago. It seemed great, we loved the atmosphere and the teaching was phenomenal.